Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Ribbon That Binds....


Hey World,

I was inspired to write this story after I went to visit my parents this morning. I saw the woman who sacrificed it all for the well being of her children. I saw her sitting in her chair with a whole lot of years of dealing with life's challenges written on her face. The smile is picture perfect. I wish she could have had a life on her own. She doesn't trip off money or material items, giving her last to make sure her lovely kids are happy & a roof over their heads. I just found a job, and it doesn't bring in much. It is enough for her to save the little bit she gets for herself. I took on all my bills,doing what I'm supposed to do. I will love to see my Mother with her hair done, new shoes and clothes. Why wouldn't I want these things for her. She is my ribbon who binded my heart together when I lost focus on life. Yes,I chose the wrong path, and I paid for my mistakes too. One thing I can say, she never left me or gave up on me. She kept praying for me to take charge back over my life, because the devil had me by the throat. I came home a changed man. Just by her seeing that I havede changed for the better and not the worst has released so many years of stress off her life. It made me feel so good inside to see & feel the vibrant side of her. I wanted ya'll to know the the woman who made me so strong when I was so weak. I am a man, but I will always be her baby at heart. I might not be a scholar or a pro athelete, but I have what it takes to change lives. I have been down roads that a whole lot of people can't dream of going, and done made it back to tell the world my story......

No comments:

Post a Comment