Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Man in the Mirror


As I sit here thinking back on my life. I never saw the wrong I was doing to myself. I could point out everybody else mistakes though. It took some years for me to get tired of the same results. I was at my bottom, so I knew things had to change. I took a long look in the mirror, measuring myself up cause the person I saw was a stranger. I wasn't raised to live a life like that. After the tears started flowing I knew I found that little kid in me who has been hiding from a long time ago. I decided from that day forth to do things differently. It wasn't easy at all either. I was in foreign territory, but I wasn't going to result back to my old self. I am still fighting to this day. Times get so hard that the walls feel like they're closing in, but I keep moving forward. I have been blessed with so much in a short period of time that I know it was worth changing my life around for. Now the world is wide open for my taking, bringing my odds greater then before. I only had two options at first, and that was death or jail. That hand is not a winning hand at all, because who want those chances out of life. You have the pleasure to read something from a person who has been counted out to be nothing. Maybe I can change someone from taking the same path I had to take to change my life around. One thing for sure, once I learned how to love myself, now I have the ability to love others but Family comes first...

No comments:

Post a Comment